bookingkit is a growing company and already we are Europe’s leading booking and reservation management software for tours and activity providers. Our 2025 strategy is set in stone and we have challenged ourselves to digitise and revolutionise the Tours, Activities & Attractions market directly.
We need YOU, to propel us in this journey as we #trust in you and your ambition to be one of us. In return, we give you transparency and ownership so that you #grow with us and we rely on each other for the success of bookingkit.
At bookingkit, we believe experiences arise from community. This is why we work together as a group of currently 80 people with diverse backgrounds - sharing our common goal of creating an environment for every team member to grow as an individual and professional. #bookingkindness
Too hard to believe? Check out our Kununu and Glassdoor ratings!
Our Vision and Mission
We already know where we want to be in 3 years and the impact we want to have in 10 years:
bookingkit's vision is to create a world where our technology makes operating and marketing experiences easy and fun.
Our mission is to make bookingkit the most integrated booking technology for professional European attractions.
So we are looking for you as Head of Commercial Sales to work full-time with us starting November 1st, 2023 in Berlin!
Your Day-to-Day Work In This Role
Reporting directly to the Chief Revenue Officer, you will:
- Drive Commercial Sales team outcomes.
- Increase win rates and reduce early churn.
- Execute GTM strategy and expand market share in our focus verticals.
- Maximize lifetime value ensuring need-solution fit.
- Build an "engine" with unit metrics required for sustainable and predictable Sales team success.
- Transform the bookingkit Sales team into a customer-centric unit.
- Design and optimize Sales team contribution to buyer journey and buyer experience.
- Be responsible for budget planning/strategy and resource allocation.
We Are Match If You Have Experience with:
- Leading people (engaging, guiding, and motivating).
- Devising career and professional development plans for sales teams.
- Driving and promoting customer advocacy and customer-centricity.
- Enforcing business best practices (e.g. CRM, Conduct) empathetically, with forward-thinking and effectiveness.
- Applying sales domain knowledge as a basis for tactical and strategic decision-making.
- Reporting goals and target achievement to convey the bigger picture and to foster a culture of accountability and results-oriented decision-making within your team.
- Outlining, monitoring, and adjusting the contribution of the Commercial Sales team to company goals and mission.
- Creating proposals, recommendations, new initiatives, and escalations based on data analysis.
- Fluent verbal and written communication in both German and English.
Extra Awesome If You Have Experience with:
- Leading GTM software to enhance effectiveness and efficiency (sales tech stack).
- Extensive coaching and sales methodologies like consultative selling.
- Gamification in sales leadership.
- Creating playbooks for making daily, weekly, and monthly recurring operations (a) work reliably, (b) easy to train and (re-)assign, (c) enable continuous improvement.
- Fluent verbal and written communication in Italian or other European language.
Our Team Setup
- Hans Christian - CRO (direct report)
- Ewa - Head of Key Account Sales
- Krunal - Head of Marketing
- Alex - Lead Research Teamlead
- Other peers from the leadership team
- 6 commercial sales team members (expected to grow by 2-4 by EOY)
Perks and Benefits
100% remote work: We have a remote work setup. Do you like to work from the office? So do several of our colleagues -- you can join them in our sunny office in Berlin. There is also a very generous Mobile Working policy allowing you to work from almost anywhere for a portion of the year!
- Corporate Discounts: We take part in company discount programs with partners and other startups, e.g. GetYourGuide.
- Flat Communication: Open communication and accessibility between teams and leads is how we operate at bookingkit.
- Annual Private Travel Subsidy: We are part of the tourism, events, and travel industry - so obviously travel is great! Even in our current times, we subsidize private travel with up to 150€ annually per bookingkid.
- Public Transportation Subsidy: We subsidize public transportation costs in EU countries with a flat fee. Depending on location this can be up to 50% of the total transportation cost.
- Gym Subsidy: We subsidize Urban Sports Club memberships to stay active and fit for bookingkids in Germany.
- Team Events: Our bookingkit BBQ in Berlin is a tradition that we offer multiple times in the year! Beyond that, we have summer and winter events to meet in person. Even ex-bookingkids come back to catch up with us on event days!
- Extra Charity Day: We love it when bookingkids are involved in charity work. We support you with one extra day of leave for charity work.
Our Interview Steps
1. People And Culture Screening Call (30 min.) with Mariam (recruiter).
2. Hiring Manager Interview (30-45 min.) with Hans Christian.
3. Case Study Presentation with Hans Christian and selected peers.
4. Meet-The-Team Call (15 min.) with the leadership and commercial sales teams.